Monday, August 5, 2013

L'oreal Infallible Eye shadow in Sultry Smoke and Endless Pearl...my favorite thing of the day


Why?

Because they are perfect, gorgeous and make me smile.  I get push back on some of my makeup posts ...especially when I share them on Linkedin (most of the CEOs and CFOs I advised were men and don't really get the makeup thing as professional).  The work I'm doing is more creative in some ways now.  I need the distractions from something light.

And the colors get me thinking.  Art and music help us tap different aspects of ourselves.  Nature can do the same.  So far, I can't fully put the process into words but when I play with the colors I do find different creative thoughts flowing.  Blending them together isn't that dissimilar from walking on the beach; it's in the moment and totally there.

Maybe it only works for me...but at least I've found a prompt that taps into my unconscious.  What works for you?

And, not only are these long lasting and basically waterproof (hello Maha Yoga) they also cost between $5 and $8, depending on where you get them.

No comments: