Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Favorite Books of 2013



My favorite books of 2013…and this is my list…those books that impacted me this year.  I tried to lean heavily toward those published in 2013 but added a few others.

Nonfiction

Detroit an American Autopsy by Charlie Leduff

Antifragile; Things That Benefit from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty
by Daron Acemoglu James Robinson

The Patriarch: The Remarkable Life and Turbulent Times of Joseph P. Kennedy
by David Nasaw

Get Your Child to the Top by Megan Lisa Jones

Fiction

Reamde by Neal Stephenson 2012

The Signature of all Things by Elizabeth Gilbert

Troubled Daughters Twisted Wives by Sarah Weinman

This Side of Paradise By F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tender Is the Night is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

No comments: