Tuesday, November 2, 2010

US - China film summit

Thank you Peter Shiao for putting together a wonderful summit.

I learned that a good story works in any culture (let's just define a good story). What is culturally acceptable changes but we all like to connect with a story in any form of media.

Sounds so basic but it really comes down to good stories connect - across divides.

Today on my morning beach run I finally saw the book I want to write next. Writing speaks to you and can't be dictated in reverse (much as such an effort has been pushed on me). The words create themselves once we see where they should be going. I lost that sense in my writing when I listened to those dictating what they wanted to see. It has come back.

Too tired for a picture right now. Perhaps I'll add one tomorrow.

No comments: