Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pat McGrath Labs Nude Skin Fetish 003 Highlighter Review and Swatches


This set is very pretty, and high quality.  But I don't love it.

The brush is well done, with thinner bristles at the end.  The thicker bristles at the base hold the brush firm but less product is picked up so it applies lightly (a good thing).

The balm is step one of building up the highlighting effect.  It adds a soft sheen but is absorbed into my skin within 2 hours.  It does provide a great base for the powder/pigment and makes it look smoother and less shimmery (it's smooth with only the subtlest of shimmer anyway...no outright glitter).

The highligher on my yellowish skin is a slightly golden champagne.  It's almost metallic but doesn't make my pores too noticeable.

The pink pigment/powder is finely milled but adds a wow level of sheen.  I can see this emphasizing some people's pores.  The duochrome/shade shift veers from pink, to peach, to aqua to lilac.  Pretty, but perhaps the wrong shade for me (too cool; too pink?).  And I did question why I wanted a duochrome face.

Overall, lovely quality and pretty products.  I'm not in love.






No comments: